Our role →
Incident investigation support can be provided at various levels:
- Full investigation: investigations led by LFI24 covering all aspects of the process, from initial evidence collection to formal reporting.
- Principal Investigators: Provision of expert investigators to provide executives and support to research owners.
- Expert researchers: provision of expert research services to support research.
- Research support: services related to supporting one or more steps / phases of the process.
- Coaching: coaching on the job / on-demand support (on-site, via email or telephone).
- Peer reviewer: four-eyes principle / quality control on (concept) analyses and / or reports.
The team should be carefully selected based on the nature of the event. Ideally, an investigation should be conducted by someone or a group of people with:
- Expertise in research techniques;
- Expertise of all legal or organizational requirements;
- A good understanding of the work processes, procedures, persons and labor relations for the specific situation;
- Mastery of interview and interpersonal techniques and being able to apply them effectively (such as mediation or conflict resolution);
- Experience with requirements for document collection, records and data collection;
- Expertise in data analysis to be able to make conclusions and recommendations based on the collected data.
The result is a research report with the following items:
- A management summary with conclusions and recommendations;
- A description of the incident;
- An explanation of the supplied analysis tool;
- A detailed analysis of the incident;
- The underlying causes;
- Advice for improvements.